Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dear Undetermined Illness

Dear Illness,

Why must you make my life miserable? It is the day before--technically it IS Thanksgiving--Thanksgiving and tomorrow is the one day a year it is socially acceptable for me to want to eat EVERYTHING... and you reduce my already medicationally reduced appetite to zip. I literally had to FORCE myself to eat a mini bagel thing for dinner to stave off the dreaded Hypoglycemia.

You had best be on your way until FRIDAY. Because on FRIDAY, I don't have to go ANYWHERE. I want to enjoy this holiday. I don't want to feel like my brain has been half replaced by foam soaked in soapy water... and I don't want my stomach to feel like it doesn't need any food ever. (Well I want it to feel that way most of the time, but not aaaallllll the time.) Your welcome is not only worn out, it never existed. GO AWAY.

Love,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment